Counter

Monday, February 29, 2016

Day 330: Unburdened

Someone told me there is a rule of thumb, if you are friends for more than 7 years, you are friends for life. While I know how arbitrary that sounds, I wonder how that is different from everything else that might be arbitrary. Why we value somethings over other when we meet people, why we feel the need to share stories on phones and conversations alike, why we feel that connection we cannot completely understand. In every waking hour once in a while I do know that we are unburdened by these acts, though they may sound selfish from time to time. But then I tell myself this is what friends are for and in time this is what we must all become. For now come unburden my friend, we have nothing to keep behind these door and not much of which we need to pretend.

Unburdened
These are the things I will let go,  atleast a few of them in time
They are my burdens, unburdened in my mind
Conversations at a secret place, we will share much of life
And built sand castles out of hope as time passes us by

These silly things that you say, some that haunts you for a while
While you look for just a hint and a glimpse of a smile
While for a few of those in life, who will come and go,
They will hold on to things, but they may never show.


These are the hours that I need to recollect
Where I know I have grown over and over, even with my regrets
I have been both weak and sometimes unexpectedly strong
I have learned to be just right and sometimes accept what is wrong

You are slowdowns in life I need, but cannot comprehend
You are pauses; I support and truly recommend
For most fond things in life come unannounced some days
While we look for the unattached, and lost strings in dismay

No comments:

Post a Comment