Counter

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 327: With You

The idea for this one was from group chats and collectives alike, It is about decision making when it is set free without any instructions. In the chaos with you my friend the bitter and better things of life become clearer to me. As kids we seem to trail these tails of kites that have been set loose and we are getting the ground running. For now I hear the knocks and footsteps on my phone, these little escapes on a 5 inch screen that locks and unlocks, that changes and keeps adding on. With you these things that are easy from time to time, they are as simple as writing poetry, sometimes with or without a rhyme

With You
With you I have stayed through the night wide awake
Sleep by the side of the day, thinking of thoughts I cannot shake
As bit by bit, you were carried onto fiction as you fade
Warm charcoal sketches on the sides of canvases, one I cannot erase

Without the end of this varied hours, the chances are we don't count
Lost in just the simplicity of planning for infinity, not knowing how
Why buy tickets to shows, we may never ever get to see
Why count the days, this Thursday, Friday or whatever they may be


My dear friends, my WhatsApp groups, my after hour pings
For you I will sometimes write and in the quiet nights I will sing
I will correct the things that you feel are wrong, they are parts of me
They are best attempts of myself with me & some thoughts set free

With you this too will change, whether they will be about yesterday
Whether we have climbed together these walls we left behind someways
Choose only this much for now, the rest of things will fall into place
While with you, we will run like kids, these trails of dreams we will chase

No comments:

Post a Comment