Counter

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 323: Confidant

I keep thinking about the secrets we keep with people and the ones that others keep with us. They are not just secrets, they are sometimes hopes and dreams, they are strengths and weaknesses and sometimes smiles and sadness alike. These confidants we trust, these bearers of trust we become and with whom we entrust this, are special in our lives. They are reminders that we are grounded at least a little in those who share these burdens with us and for some we share the same. I write these to the confidants in our lives, the ones who know more about us in the bits and pieces we do choose to share. I keep hoping we never forget that we are always more than mere parts of a whole, we are the whole at least in versions of ourselves.

Confidant
Such are writings that I cannot write
Things I keep secret and cannot confide
For the world must grow as must I
On a restless day or maybe just a clear night

Such are reminiscences of our strongest hour
They are aftertastes of bitter, sweet & sour
When all that we know of has been said & done
We unwind in these who share with us, even if just one


To the ears, that listen, to those who understand
Who refuse to let go and who sometimes take a stand
I want you to know that I listen back too
Even if you say, you want the company in the quiet we knew

To the secret keepers and to those who share
Who have learned, to be honest, and write but bare
The parts of my mind that knows no one better for now
You are a confidant, a friend among the many that I know

I have not learned how to be different, but just to be kind
To lend an ear when you feel that true feelings are hard to find
I am docked like a boat but not caught by the wind or tide
I know of nothing more than invisible trails that I follow sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment