Counter

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Day 331: Lost in Bangalore

Every time I travel, I like to write a piece which fits into a series of poems I write. They are called "Lost in " and explore the age old idea of just walking randomly in a city you barely know till you find yourself lost. You keep finding connections and directions and slowly you find your way back home. You find the reason why you go on these adventures to begin with, is to explore new places to eat, or are they about the facade that wraps and covers everything. Is it about the idea that meeting someone for the first time is exciting, someone who has no idea of who you are. Though many will claim that we have lost the last bit of luxury and that in the world where almost everyone is googlable it is hard to meet someone for the first time and then for the second. I still believe that we are creating these pockets where to want to find that escape even if for a little bit. Whether it is waiting in a taxi forever or at the edge of a table sitting with close friends and taking pictures. I think the charmed stories are the ones we like to keep but only in our mind

Lost in Bangalore
So these ice cream places that you talk about
Tell me there are scoops for me, waiting to be found
They are sweet things in life that we get to keep
An aftertaste in my mouth, that I wish never leaves

Why think about one song wonders tonight
Have we sung just a few that fade into the night
As I stitch together these memories, some yours & mine
Some that are left on napkins & some harder to find


Lost in this city that slowly takes a brief pause
Where we need no reason to come together, need no cause
So I sip coffee in coffee shops in paper cups
I write stories of you & me & of what we have become

The world changes just this much, have we noticed just yet
Are we wishing to be right always are we placing safe bets
We are risk takers and story writers and memories all in one
Are we lost this time again? or simply looking, for where it had begun

No comments:

Post a Comment