Counter

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Day 333: Me & More

Me and more explores the concept of saying that we are inclined to find versions of ourselves in others. Things we perceive to be true about ourselves though we cannot be fair observers to that. So you are me and more, you are the known and unknown among the unexplored, as I danced slowly into the night yesterday. I looked at things that might have gotten away, learning about people as I met them and realizing there is more to learn from not just the version I see. So this writing explores the "you" as something that is me and more, someone with whom I dance and sway and some who in my memories are there to stay.

Me & More
You are simply me and more
Walking out that closed door
Telling stories, of some other day
Hoping and wishing for things that may

You are simply this, you cannot stay
You dance, you move & sometimes sway
In the arms of the night you dissolve
As I look for clues in puzzles I can't solve


You are two steps I take one back and forth
We have no limit on this time we sought
We borrowed some hours into the night
Still dancing to the tune, not losing sight

I see good things & great things as they unfurl
Looking at things that make up our world
For some of this are things I write about
I am somewhere right here, in between the crowd

You are and will always be simply me & more
You are paintings on the wall & steps on the dance floor
For I must learn how to keep that which comes & goes
Captured in writing is the only way for now that I know 

No comments:

Post a Comment