Counter

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 334: Just This

I think I am fascinated by the feeling of transition with every season whether they are in the rain just before spring or whether they are in the drops of water that cling to branches of a tree. I am both lost and found as I try to put them in words. These things that I wish would change and they seem to stay. I think it takes a little bit of courage to be yourself in the ever changing, in the idea that stationary things are nostalgia put in candy wrappers. They are things I remember and wish to remember, they are just this much of simplicity, I am writing it down, maybe just for me.

Just This
Just trickle down on my shoulder but somehow stay
You are raindrops I hold onto just for today
Reminders of the clouds that paint the sky
They change the canvas every day before I even try

Just stay in the things that we get to keep
For a little while,  as I daydream without any sleep
I write of stories and complete list of things to do
Such are the unplanned writings that are from me & you


I am inspired by the closely knit and yet that which slips away
This wind, the sunlight and the little warmth in the shade
I will read to myself, some things over and over again
Till I am but pouring down in words, just like this rain

Just a little courage that colors my mind and heart
Till I keep looking for new beginnings & a place to start
I write these to you and this much for now
Just trickle down on my shoulder & yet stay somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment