Counter

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Day 335: Any Road

I wonder what it feels like to just get into a car and drive away, truly without plans and truly without a destination in your head. Does it take time before something in your head kicks in, do you start to wonder why or how it ends. They are like stories you often sit down to write without themes or plans, without rough sketches here and there and without notes you scribbled on the back of a napkin somewhere. They are stories you find on any roads as you move and as things add-on. They are without roadmaps sometimes, without markers and landmarks and reminders of where you are. So any road you take just gets you somewhere, and everything else at least for that time doesn't feel important at all. Here's to such road trips I wish we take

Any Road
For I have travelled along the squiggly lines
I have managed to do so and still feel fine
Any road that keeps going back in time
Moving forward and yet somehow finding rewind

I tell myself that there may be roadblocks ahead
Places we pay tolls and take a different way instead
Where troubled times and happy ones manage to stay
But I; don't stop, I keep moving on the road anyway


I don't have a map to follow no trails that I know
Just a little bit of me that I manage to show
The honest self that knows not of any other way
It just likes to ride along and finding places instead

Any road that I take, I hope I will get to summarise
How we are as we are, to everyone's surprise
And the little bit of you and me, that gets written down
As though finding something new in places I have been around

I am road maps that are paper still, and as the day, it folds
I am songs on repeat and some calls that are on hold
And then when you have given up you might just get through
We will share conversation on both ends, just me and you

These stories we write wherever and however they may be
Lie unthought of and perhaps, in the only way they can be free

No comments:

Post a Comment