Counter

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 318: Islands & Me

"No man is an island entire of itself.." John Donne wrote this as he explained the great connect and divide among men. In the passing of time form strong bonds that you get to keep and disconnect as needed and only when needed, Say goodbyes with much pain and anguish and lament for a while, it is necessary to give pauses as we move. It is in links so strong that the heart stays connected, it is in gut feelings sometimes that you find a way back home even without maps. Such are the nature of these islands we are and claim to be, connected somehow or maybe breaking free.

Islands & Me
I have seen the earth move underneath my feet
Finding winnings and yet somehow accepting defeat
I am an island if you find me even without a map
Just tell me you are here but don't tell me where I am at

I am the backstory of grand paintings or sketches on napkins
I am feeling that move the world right underneath my skin
I am an island in the making just connected without thought
I am among many I have lost and among a few whom I have sought


"No man is an island" for now, tell this to trips from shore to shore
To the rafts and boats and backpacks, to the unplanned who need more
Some who are brave, they have taken their share of journeys ahead
Who are restless without sleep, they are tired of the bed

I am an Island at best, and yet some sailors they call me home
I am what I am by choice, and yet among many I am alone
To the map makers, explorers and storytellers alike
Here's to places we cannot reach, and to the impossible we strive

No comments:

Post a Comment