Counter

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day 313: Undefined

It is now exactly 24 hours since I have been awake and when sleep eludes you, every else seems to do the same. I kept thinking about a topic to write today, where it would fit. I have been thinking about our relationship to people a lot today, the need that the world has about fitting it into these neat boxes and how we still manage to find an escape. I wonder what changes in time as we get to know people better, whether we build stronger bonds and if we feel the urge to fit into one of those boxes too. In the span of the entire day that I have been awake, I have learned and experienced much, I have heard songs and listened to music and I have watched people dance. I guess I am still learning about people in my own way, as are people who have tried to know me. To know me is to find my writing unbound, to know you is to know something profound. Such is the nature of the undefined, my relationship to those who have looked for me and the few that I find

Undefined
We are round pegs in these square holes
Somehow refusing to simply grow old
Old pages that have been rewritten for now
Dogeared and found in the know-how

We are undefined at best, holding on to what we can
Still figuring out if we could walk away when we ran
These pastry store menus we don't need to read
You get me the perfect one, every time I wish to eat


We don't fall or fit into any shapes for now
So we keep trying the only way that we know how
Undefined writings come late or early morning hour
So I declare them neither mine nor yours, they are "our"

Underplayed or overspent these hands that don't show
What would we change if these games we play we know?
Some will lay close to me & fade into languages that don't translate
So we gesture in ways we know, the only way we can relate

Drinks that are poured tonight, they are endless for now
I pause and blend in an out of sleep that I missed somehow
Why define they say, "that which, matters least to you"?
We were never meant to go into the night or simply follow through

No comments:

Post a Comment