Counter

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Day 308: For Another Day

Chances are that though we may sometimes know the outcome of certain things, we keep fighting for a different one. We keep reminiscing sometimes in what is and what could have been in situations in life. We win a few situations and some fights we keep for another day. We have not lost hope, we have not given up, we have just kept things on hold for now. "for another day" explores this need of keeping things on the back of your head, having a vague sense and aspiration that needs to stay with you keeping you on your feet. For now, I will write of these, I will try to win them over with words.

For Another Day
I will simply leave this all to you
Leave this fight for another day
When the simpler things are just simple too
We will not regret about what got away

I will rise up from the panic seat
There is nothing more to be afraid
We have been tired and we have been beat
But somehow we have found our escape


I will challenge you as sunlight fades
Call you or tie letters to the letter box
Call you in sunset hues in the many shades
Write them down with all that I got

I will simply win this day and this night
Plans are for a few who need more than a day
I will leave some things for another fight
Some wars I will win over words today

No comments:

Post a Comment