Counter

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day 316: Reckless Heart

I refuse to sometimes speak of things that are proximal. Things that effect me up close and some that don't matter. I often feel I run the risk of talking too much and not that I am afraid of running out of words, it is more about not letting listening when I need to the most. I wonder if we play reckless with our heart, or our heart gets to be reckless at times. I am with eyes wide open and yet I cannot see. I am troubled but by nothing else but me. I keep remembering and forgetting all at the same time. For now in the new I find my solace and in the old I sometimes find my comfort.

Reckless Heart
My reckless heart, so it tries to reconnect
It dials the same numbers and then somehow forgets
In the missed calls & voice mail it somehow stays
Leaves behind reminders of everything that has changed

We are trying to reconcile and make things whole again
We are forgetful just a little bit and mostly insane
I say this because we do the same things in our head
We write about about them before heading to bed


With eyes wide open and as the day may go
I feel sleepy for now and seem to doze on my keyboard
These looped playlist they blare in our head & over our ears
My reckless heart seems to look for music it can hear

Don't try to be nice, there is too much of that
We are reconciling with each other forgetting where we are at
So we start again from scratch and yet we cannot seem to forget
Why my reckless & sleepy heart refuses to get out of bed

My lazy days writing, it comes in phases too
It speaks to me as headphones blares & nothing gets through
What the heart and mind hear what they want sometimes
It is for you to figure out the meaning, as I simply write.

No comments:

Post a Comment