Counter

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 302: Time-Tested

In the next one week, I will be preparing for my qualifier examinations, something that is dreaded upon and justified in every PhD alike. Though we all seem to prepare for these big things in life, it seems when it comes down to the facts the little things that add up seem more important. Using time more judiciously, knowing when it is time to do something and sometimes not let anticipation get the best of you. For whatever be the reason these time-tested ideas and notions of what should be sometimes don't fit anymore. It is with these little oddities that we find our escapes and for me, it seems these writings at odd hours of the day keep me going.

Time-Tested
These time-tested things, one or two
Some that have worked, maybe just for you
Some that are but conventional at best
That have been used again & again, never put to rest

These rules of the world, they may be random sometimes
Why don't I end this abruptly and not worry about a rhyme
And the few curious ones, who question everything
They are the misfits, they are misaligned when our day begins


I would rather choose to be the picture frame of the incomplete
Hanging upside down and with just two colors that I need
Be brave today with me, as you write to a momentary escape
Read of things that don't add up, words that find their own shape

Rainy winter night it brews, the passing of cars I feel them close
The coming together of meaning are they random in between what I choose
Time tested or tested by time whatever way you may choose to look
I am still the same writing at my table, this is my unfinished book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment