Counter

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 304: Cookie Jars

Some writings are closer to reality than they can ever be, but they are hidden in metaphors and code words only for a few to decode. For the rest the emotion, the anxious nature of things and the pacing in the writing much still carry meaning. For me this was simple and yet a long awaited one exploring the fate of these two cookies that I saved, and as I keep comparing them to situations in my own life I keep going back and forth between the sweet bitter nature of being kept in an anxious state.  I feel these crumbs all around me, these bits and pieces that have been left behind, but even if I look hard enough, some things have moved away or have just become harder to find. Climb into my thoughts today share a piece of cookie and get caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

Cookie Jars
So here I hold on to these two cookies in the jar
We don't care if we are left behind, we are what we are
Lonely somewhere and maybe kept warm & safe tonight
Sweetened & aged we are perfect or maybe just right

The cookie crumbles that falls to the floor
And I don't seem to bother about them anymore
Because the sweetest bits of my life lies in memories I create
There are no secret recipes to these pieces that I bake


So here we are without these words we have much to say
Warm as a close hug and unchanged as such, this way
I write again on napkins tonight because so much
                                                            is left on table's edge
Or maybe just grazed over and forgotten at the end of this page

My hands, for now, are numb & stuck in this cookie jar
Close together and yet somehow I know we are drifting far
Home again this time and as I called out to you
Like these cookies in the cookie jar, then we were only two

No comments:

Post a Comment