Counter

Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 309: Make me Believe

I start with my qualifier exams today, for those of who don't know about it , it is probably one of the most important sections of your PhD experience. If I were to make myself believe that these are just summaries of the things I need or of perfect things that have yet to be written about. As I finish writing this piece my first question among the three arrives in an email. For now I leave this just for you and I plan for the things I believe in and need to do

Make me Believe
So you start every hour of every day of your week
You wander in search of the things you don't see
And the few you find you rarely get to keep
So I wonder if some of it's real or mostly make believe

In the beginning, today as I write my exams
Am I getting closer to somehow figuring out who I am
These are my iterations and versions on a blank page
These are my answers, that in time will change


Make me believe that over and over again
We are doing the same things and yet we are far from insane
We are writing because there is need for it as such
Tell me when to stop pouring words & when you had much

Till things have settled down somewhere in my head
I am restless as I wake up and till the time I go to bed
So I am hoping you will write back & make me believe
There is much more to this than the unfinished things we leave

1 comment: