Counter

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 298: 3rd Day of Meaning

Counting days is dreadful and whether they are countdowns to beginnings of wishes or about hopes we keep on retainer. Yet ideas must come from some of the most random places, so as I look at the 3rd day of the year I wrote to simply meaning of the same, of things that remained unchanged. I tell myself if we ever get write in codes, these poems that are givings of our thoughts. But then they are the easy ones to crack, they are open to the world. I wonder if we are looking for such codebreakers and onlookers of meaning.

3rd Day of Meaning
It is just as easy sometimes; to summarize
To sometimes catch yourself in your own surprise
To hold things, some that are close and then let go
To write with meanings of which, you don't know

Some surprises that come in things we repeat
Are among times we let our mind win & yet our heart lead
And the little victories that we get to celebrate
Are left on the pages we write, the folded napkins beside your bed


My 3rd day of meaning, the beginnings of a new year
Are still too recent to understand, and yet I hold them just as dear
I climb places where we sometimes used to go
And write of things in codes but for the whole world to know

Remember me like paintings on walls, in pauses during a day
Like a sunrise and sunset on repeat, but never here to stay
It is easy sometimes to write, and not remember why
Of this more than we know, I write and you help inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment