Counter

Friday, September 11, 2015

Day 223: At Summer's End

Even though it is almost impossible to predict sometimes the easy thing to do is to draw attention to summer's end. Is it when it drizzles outside all day, or when you pull down on your t-shirts just a little bit hoping for a little warmth. Is it at times when we still mellow over cups of ice as we buy umbrellas from stores, we welcome the gentle breeze and the long walk home sometimes. We are kept in between changing seasons somehow, and sometimes in text messages, thoughts and in the topics to which we choose to write.

At Summer's End
Do I call you a summer's end?
Or are you rain that for now only pretends
That swallows whole the night, the warmth of the day
That in little drizzles is here to stay

Travel home safe my friend, at end of summer night
The trickles of water on my window pane is to what I write
We will travel far even if we are tried somehow
Keep coming back to the places, that are stored in memory for now


We will make plans of travel, to places in good company
And in thoughts that find a place for tonight as I let them be
I fall to the depth of deep waters and as I sometimes soar high
I know not how to reason, without wings I simply try to fly

I understand who I am in the closings of a well planned day
In the few hours that might have slipped away
The young summer breeze will still blow from time to time
I will write chapters, about you and me, & whatever I call mine

No comments:

Post a Comment