Counter

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Day 225: Unplanned

A long time ago I was suggested to write about the unplanned nature of things. The idea that we like to believe that certainty is present in the attempts we make and yet the reality that randomness is always present. This unplanned nature of things is always present though we can choose components that fit together the outcomes are sometimes harder to predict. For someone who loves to plan details when he travels, I still feel that uncertainty and the unplanned bits make the journey interesting. It is sometimes a conversation with a stranger we remember with the same fondness as that of reading an old book. The eventuality of events, this fascination with the planned and unplanned is what I write about today.

Unplanned
Let us not worry about plans tonight
Let us not decide on who wins the fight
Whether you or I, whoever it might
Not chose to make amends, but make things right

Unplanned my days at the edges of this shore
Am I sailing out or am I homeward bound as before
Kept in small doses of pure nostalgia in warm tea
Spellbound in books of magic as I sip from my memory.


Some of the best of trips are meant to be unplanned
Where we can move ahead even without holding hands
Where there are no regrets about the journeys we take
Where we all get to make, our very own mistakes

Unplanned are my troubles, sometimes undefined
My writing that hasn't been written down & hence hard to find
Let me find a wall unscribbled, with colors to fill
For now just choose the shades, be unplanned at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment