Counter

Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 233: The White Knight

There are moments where the perfect thing to do is to acknowledge that we may be in the business of acting as a white knight. That there are those who are obsessed with the idea that anything and everything that can be saved must be saved. Though this concept of white knight applies mostly to people I feel we all practice it in some way or the other, whether it applies to not wanting to give up on something good, or about finding a reason worth fighting for something, for saving something over a long run. These white knights are our own alter egos sometimes apart from those who influence us, inspire us and sometimes do just enough to make a difference.

The White Knight
We are somewhere in the finest hours of days
We are playing ourselves as the white knight
We are somewhere in between the change
We are making amends, we are fighting our own fights

The shadows that haunt us from time to time
We live in the fear of being uninspired
We are words who have lost their way to rhyme
We walk endlessly in circles, we refuse to be tired.


The white knight as I blend into the day
I find corners that are untouched & pick up things to save
From walls to heart, my writings are felt in time apart
Where you may lose the part of me, in between hitting restart

My simple realities that challenge me
Am I playing a part for the world; to set myself free?
Do I keep pondering about the things left on the side?
For this night, the changes come as the white knight rides.

Oh change not for fame, neither give yourself away
Inspiration is all you can offer to the uninspired,
                                            the ones earmarked for today.
The legend of the white knight resides in our head
He is a dreamer's dream, as we put ourselves to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment