Counter

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 219: The Nice Guy

I never understood the concept of a nice guy, mostly because it was linked to both positive and negative connotations. It made me wonder whether it was about fairly playing those negative and positive sides or whether it was simply about being "nice" and nothing more and nothing less. The day flickered between the evening hours as weekends closed its doors, but this feeling was important to be written about somehow. I drew from those who have come and gone and learned how to either have glanced upon or who have in time become this nice. So I kept this one simple transitioning between two days a mellow weekend and a brand new week.

The Nice Guy
I felt time flee the scene
As memories faded of what had once been
Inspired writings lay bare of rhyme
Hoping for a day's escape where ever they could find

So I settled for the best of things
I took flight as a mortal with no wings
My cherished days & passing nights
And finding some days where I could rejoice


I was lost between good company even if I never tried
I was a traveler at best who glanced at things that pass by
Come bring me close to chapters that write themselves
Be folded pages of the book that never rested on bookshelves


My tea rests as it calms after a long summer brew & in colors so deep
I find inspiration in thoughts that lay in weary eyes that couldn't sleep
I travel with just a little bit of magic held in my heart and mind
Because the hardest thing to do sometimes, is being the nice guy

No comments:

Post a Comment