Counter

Monday, September 21, 2015

Day 228: Pause & Play

I have missed out on writing for the past two days, and while I could contemplate about the lack of free time and the reasons of their own nature I feel much more time needs to be spent getting back. I am reminders of hours that got away, and in between some phrases somewhere in my head. I feel like I am on rewind like old records and sheets of music that I can pause and play. This writing explores this idea of taking a deep breath, hitting pause and play in between the fast pace and hours that will inherently slip away.

Pause & Play
I am not gone, just paused for a while
Hidden somewhere in between a smile
I am music that resonates in your mind some days
I am reminiscent of things we pause & play

Keep up my friend, don't walk too slow
You might miss the part of me, that I rarely show
You may live in disbelief of whatever has changed
And keep coming back to a life that has rearranged


I am music on old records, that we read on covers tonight
That lies on loops, on endless repeat for a while
I am the final touches to the lyrics of a song
Find me some music and a place where I belong.

I am kept in between moments, when you think of a thought
When you wish for things that slip away, some that you sought
For now I keep writing about what is heard of even if unsaid
As you hit rewind on time, and I hit pause and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment