Counter

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 126: Breaking Through

Sometimes the mood of the poetry is set by the time of the day you get to write it, whether it in between the odd hours of the night or the early hours of the day. One of our greatest challenges is to try coming through with something meaningful at the end of it, something that relates to whomsoever we can write to. And for all I know if I can do that I have succeeded in bits and parts with my poetry, it gets me through my day. For yesterday night it came to me in a line "Just human trying to break through some closed doors" . So many times in my head I would think finding perfect days was about knowing the important things to write about. In breaking though to someone and somehow.

Breaking Through
I am the letter I hope to finish some day,
To include you, and everyone else as the pages fade away
I will bring cheer to where it is needed most,
For now I am the only geographer, who seems to be lost

Every morning of this week that goes by,
I think of meeting strangers I don't know, and hoping to see them smile
For no biases today has filled my head,
I need no reason to try hard, to break through to you instead.


I am yesterday at best, hoping some days at end
That a knock outside my door, speaks of you my friend
That a rainy day is sharing but a cup of tea
And repeating whatever brings us together, repeating history

I am solace when you need it the most some days,
I am the road you can't find, when it's the one you need to be somplace
I am broken pieces of the puzzles you claim as yours
Just humans trying to break through some closed doors

Find happiness today as your day ends or starts wherever it may,
For a smile breaks through without a single word, and often finds something to say

No comments:

Post a Comment