Counter

Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 128: High low

It is the end of the week and though many have planned the weekend there are a few who have accepted that this is just another day, that the high points and low points don't come and go with Mondays and Fridays on our calendars but are rather chaotic. In the middle of all of this , this realization that our weeks are Topsy-turvy designs that we do not understand is not really painting an exaggerated figure. It is with this anticipation and those who take interest in letting me dig through my sticky notes in my head that I write about this bookended versions of weeks and our versions that we go through in our head.

High Low
They were dressed in black and dressed in white
The ending of week seemed to be dressed just right
And then when all this came tumbling down
The highs and lows of the world were read upside down

The bookends at the end of weeks,
Or dog eared days kept like pages that we hope we will someday read
Simplicity chained in deadlines some days
Or success stories which we got to write again and again


We are put on pause from time to time,
We get handed down to the next week, to the top of a pile
And still I wonder have we settled in,
Or simply celebrating every week as a win

Even if the week seems to be ending today,
The high and low notes have not yet been hit quit yet
They are in between the little keynotes and speeches we make to ourselves
And how we move in a straight line, and stack up our weekends on the shelves

I chose to keep this one simple because I was at a loss of words today when I started out for a writing today and thought I felt like writing something simple, the simplest thoughts were the hardest to come by. To those who have summarized this week today, I wish you a great weekend, and to those who are stuck behind, or sometimes even addicted to it all hope there is always something left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment