Counter

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Day 141: Eyes Closed

The idea of keeping your eyes closed to actually see something, comes from the notion that to visualize a problem sometimes you have to let go of rigid boundaries and allow yourself to make choices. Let yourself make changes which you may never imagine or see at all. I see a lot of these changes in the people around me , I see that I am able to see these smaller versions of myself everyday which adds up to something better, in efforts I make. "With my eyes closed" touches upon this idea of looking at ourselves with no distractions, no judgement and bearings of our own for that matter. And somehow we learn to notice the little things we might have missed out. I hope this writing is among the more hopeful ones, for those who need it, for some who are having a bad day or for some who just need no reason to share poetry. For a little while today get away from all your engagements and work loads, close your eyes and dream, you are worth the break, you are worth the read any day.

Eyes Closed
I can see colors with my eyes closed,
Dreams that come alive when my mind lets go
We are characters that imagine things, we are built from scratch
And everyday just a little bit is what we have to add

There are things I see everyday, and then some that hide in plane sight
There are things I would let go easy, and a few for which I fight
Some who see me struggle, who see me get up everyday
Have known how much I have built myself, even in every fall as it may


Do we keep our selves on the edge of things, some that are touch & go
Or are we bound to more comfortable ones, the things we better know
We keep our eyes closed and open it doesn't matter at times
Because the important things , that matters most are in the back of our mind

We will learn from the little things, the things that add up everyday
That builds us and creates the version of us, the one we are today
I see hope in places I can't travel, but ones that live on in my mind
Even if there is no address, and even with my eyes closed; they are easy to find

No comments:

Post a Comment