Counter

Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 142: To Fantasy, with Love

I got in a request to write something about falling in love with the fantasy of someone. The notion that this is more often real in every ones lives. We often idealize who we fall in love with, the things our mind chooses to see the most about what we do, and the things we look for in the back of our head. We are in the state of constant repairs and though we write letters to that perfect fantasy we hope to find in people, we are left with what we started from which was always one of a kind. For this writing I thought of how we could fit a letter in a poem, addressed to Fantasy and with love. For those who love the imperfections, the little knickknacks of people, the constant reminders of who we are are, we still love to build things in our head and here's hoping our fantasy gets to read it instead.

To Fantasy, with Love
I wonder what it would be, to write a letter in poetry,
Think of paragraphs with rhyme, that have somehow been set free
And then when the letters could be written to whoever it maybe
I am surprised that we still write to nothing more that our fantasy

Here's to Fantasy, the you I "think" you are, with all my love
With all the things that are in reference to, all the qualities above
I have taken risks that are both large and small with you
Because after all I gather that loving the fantasy was about a follow through.


We are evening's romance, we are thoughts in our head
The ones we like to build, and some days find broken instead
We idealize the ones we keep, through the best we can find
I am looking for the better pieces of you, so I keep hitting rewind

Here's to the fantasy that we many sometime never find
To the relentless looking up of things and people in our mind
Dear fantasy, dear perfect world I hope you will write back too
As today I write with all the love , to the fantasy, and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment