Counter

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 129: You Can

The idea today was that there is so much that goes by each day that we feel we are capable of transferring bits and pieces of ourselves away. In the prelude of things we are written subtle, we are written like introductions and then as we grow I find we change our meanings . We are not satisfied with the conformity we face and once in a while we rewrite again. Till that time comes the world will know only a version of us, that which is expected, that which at least in some sense predictable. I argue for the many version that we don't know, there is more to it than what catches the eyes. We are writers who will keep writing till we find the other side . For now I believe you can and so can I

You Can
There's more to me than what meets the eye
And I can stand forever staring as things go by
Nothing else can be on the better side of me
For there's more than you can dream of
                     as you close your eyes to see

There is more than I can and you can write & sing,
Take a flight to places we have dreamed on both wings
And when the younger me would write with no help or aid
I would remember sharing stories as thought they will never fade


Sometimes so often there is more to me than I show
I am making sense of a crazy world, the only way I know how
You can change the outer shell, you can change the way I may look
But I am still the best version of me, in the black and white I took

You can change the war of words & worlds, you can stitch it back again
You are doctors looking for sanity among what the world finds insane
You can kill time on pages you read to yourself, just read them loud
For now just standing on the edge of things, just catch a breath & shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment