Counter

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 146: Bring me Morning

We are often biased about times of day, whether some who like getting up early or some who like to stay up late. Some who worry about the wee hours of the night and some who are more worried about starting all of it right. About perfect mornings we want to start our day with no matter when it starts. This notion of a time of day probably also relates to someone who writes about it, the framing of the way he/she decides to write about it and sometimes but oddly enough whether he moves away or towards sleep. For now bring me morning, as the night overcasts the streets, the warm summer breeze blows outside, it is a quiet night or early morning to begin. But I want you to know it starts all over again, bring me morning in a coffee cup, in a cup of tea, in shadows of the night and dreams that eludes me.

Bring me Morning
I think of troubles we all find, at start of days,
In the things that are routine and in between the lists we make
We are burdened sometimes by summer's glare
We are worried about games we play, things that don't give us a scare

I think of those who are always around, who are never on a pause
Who are looking for nothing to change, but still waiting for a cause
Somedays maybe about boxes you dredge and papers you read
And between all the things you follow you will find your lead.


Calm endings to a restless day, or stories about a good night sleep
Or the reasons I ask you to bring me morning, that I get to keep
Bring me sunshine on a plate, my start of days is never complete
Because restless nights are all around me in songs that are on repeat

When you walk to work, wherever it may be
Think of morning, it was meant to become whatever it could be.
Bring me morning this night, no matter what time I write
Bring me the whole world to learn about, till I have my appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment