Counter

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 150: The Impostor

I think we have all had moments during our graduate studies or any other tough situation where you are forced to ask ourselves that dreaded question do we belong here? This one comes as a personal note during my PhD where I am looking at things around and somehow feel that we are impostors among experts. And though these moments have to be short lived for our own good they are versions of reality checks we don't always need. This one comes from a personal note and from notes and suggestions among those who have felt the same way. It is in between the little insecurities that we still manage to pull ourselves together and do better. Hence this one is dedicated to the impostor who doesn't seem to exactly fit anywhere.

The Impostor
And then in times when all is figured out
When fitting in was the easy part, in between the crowd
And yet finding something that defines your place
Was kept in between things you still had to chase

I was worried about the times I had to find
A little piece of quiet, somewhere in my mind
And take the time to know I make sense to myself
That I didn't need to hold a hand, I needed no help


Let time redecorate places in my head
And let me be guided by what I believe in instead
We are all impostors in someone else's skin
We are making amends, we are finding places to begin

We are latecomers to the show sometimes,
We do not know; what they call as deadlines
But no matter what meaning you may find calling to you
The impostors don't stay in your head, they merely come and go

In between all the times where you struggle hard
Remember we are self made, the best of us are just waiting for a place to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment