Counter

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 144: Dear Dad

Dear Dad, When I write this to you today, I want you to know how much I appreciate the first computer you bought for me, believe it or not it made typing on this one so easy, so I would say "money well spent". When you took my side with no questions asked, it was perfect, because what else is better to fight the world than with someone who thinks you can't be wrong. When the little things came knocking at my doorsteps, and when I would ask myself if the world is fair, you were quick reminders of how it was not and set me straight. In between summer breaks when I just needed ice cream you never questioned my motives for the extra scoop. In between making them our heroes and in between believing that some of them are the best people we can find,I write this one to you dear dad and to all dads who are one of a kind, Happy Father's Day to all of them.

Dear Dad
Dear Dad, it was only yesterday when I was home
Where I was in comfortable places and didn't feel alone
You made it worth coming home, you were biased in your own way
You took my side no matter what, which meant a lot some days

I often thought of myself as a better man, better than whatever I could be
But none of my heroes would check up just to switch off the light before I sleep
I don't look for heroes dad, but I would like you to know that you are one
When I tell my brave stories, the things I learned to learn , you were there when it had begun.


I knew growing up was full of troubled times too
When I fall in for things I couldn't fix and run back to you
And dad, asking you for advice came easy at times
Because I always seemed to know that mom wouldn't take my side

I have learned quite a bit dad, I have grown from time to time
And people say I have been okay and atleast most of that effort was mine
Some days when I come back home I wish the whole world was fair
But you remind me of subtle realities, and of the fact that you are always there.

There are no perfect heroes dad, just some who are more real than most,
But I hope even if I write from so far away, you will always keep this one close.

No comments:

Post a Comment