Counter

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 153: Way I Write

I have been asked about how I decide on my poems, on topics to write about, criticality of issues and suggestions that I take while writing. Though I don't always have good answers to these I like to believe that some of the most powerful pieces I write must come from a personal place, about the way I feel. It is human nature to share empathy, to be affected by sometimes just a few and sometimes so many that we don't even know. Whatever be the case, I think my words settle conflicts internally and sometimes, some topics or a momentary feeling wins while others are put on hold. I believe there is no perfect way to write, we just write with an incessant need to be out there in the world, giving comfort and sometimes simply finding solace in what we have written.

Way I Write
The way I feel is the way I write
When everything else has been kept aside
Songs that are written in poetry
And nothing in the world brings you down on your knees

The way I write is never compromised
It is about finding something everyday, to my own surprise
About recollecting the things that sometimes come and go
About letting the world see, just some part of me that shows.


On papers, on pages or whatever it may be
I wrote them so my thoughts could be set free
And here's to some words that don't fade into the night
Because they are born uneven and at any given time

And some who will always find comfort in the few
Of pictures in my head, some scribbles that we drew
The way I feel is still the way I write
I don't even get to pick the fights, I want to fight

But letting myself believe I can dream
Is the hidden way I write poetry, behind the scene

1 comment: