Counter

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 235: All Beautiful People

I went for an Ukranian film recently, called "Such Beautiful People"  a 2013 piece, which is probably one of the best visual movies I have seen in a long time. This was suggested by a friend whom I accompanied and she thought the movie was called "All beautiful people", an apt name in its own accord. The idea of capturing something so complex, the longing, the emotion of a friendship and companionship is brilliant among breathtaking scenery that surrounds the actors. At times, I am perplexed by their surroundings. The idea of having bare naked emotions among nature that lies bare is beyond symbolic, it is romantic in its own way. "Such beautiful people" makes you think of riding a motorcycle in the middle of nowhere going to nowhere and yet ordering the chocolate croissant with milk just for yourself. "A fine choice," he said

All Beautiful People
The letters on the sand as it lay bare
I gazed into the sea and sky with an endless stare
Till colors formed wherever my eyes would go
Paintings etched from shore to shore

All beautiful people sometimes at best
Choose to be themselves & yet quite different from the rest
They are characters of stories we make everyday
Reminders of pieces of our lives that might have gotten away


I stare at the lonely boat in the middle of the sea
At a stranger's pathway that seems too familiar at times to me
As we walk down both you & I, our journeys to nowhere
We are meanings set loose among words on the sleeves that we wear

In troubled ways and roads, they all have little regrets
On journeys on a motorbike or at sea as we cast our nets
I am bare writings, I rise and fall with the tides
I am without a map, without directions & sometimes not even a guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment