Counter

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day 247: In any language

Yesterday was a special day for me, not just because I grew a year older or thousands of seconds were added to my life, but because of the few who joined me in sharing it. I was pleasantly surprised with a soft cover notebook, and though I had not written on these for a long time, I think nostalgia is sometimes born out of the randomness in life. As I sat there at my table writing down few lines, my friends sang to me in many languages and it felt just as warm as welcoming as always. Here's to you my friends, I am defined by you and through you as I grow.

In any language
I am empty glasses at the end of days
                       On tables and chairs and in time as it lay
The hours of the evening pass in stories that are told
                        When nothing is put on pause & nothing kept on hold

Translations of many tongues & many times come alive
                       And among lost words we don't remember some meanings survive
We will raise a glass as we pour our heart
                       I know not where the day ends & my hours start


I will lay my pen to rest as my words fill the page
                      While  some moments in my memories never seem to age
You sing to me in every way the world knows it is heard
                     While all plans come together as we speak of words

I write on a paper page this time first, I transfer feeling on walls today
              About an evening that was far too special, to have quietly gotten away
I will recollect blowing out the candles many a times
             I will find comfort in knowing those memories and these friends are mine

No comments:

Post a Comment