Counter

Monday, October 5, 2015

Day 237: Practice Perfect

Some things in life are picture perfect and then you hear about the notion that practice makes perfect. My exploration between these two elements made me write about "Practice perfect". The things we can and cannot get right, the things we sometimes do and don't do. It is hard to practice the things we write about; though they originate from the things we often do. It explores the psyche of the person not just during the act  of writing but during the exploration that he shares with himself every time he sits down to write. He sways with a romance of the words that fills his head, as I keep practising to create a practice perfect world being written, one poetry at a time.

Practice Perfect
I have been out of practice with words for a while
Writing in between moments when I put up a smile
Because perfect things are not born out of a simple wish
Or half-hearted realities, this is; what it is

I challenge myself to be better someways
To write untethered, to catch all the words that got away
And the few meanings of phrases that lay in my mind
Are the ones I  look for, even if they are easy to find.


Do I practice what I write about,
Do I drown my own worries, in times when the world shouts
I have written to the best of worlds, good and bad
Without having to contemplate about the things I once had

Practice perfect, practice right, just do it anyways
Before all the things that never needed to be changed, changed away
The world revolved about little things sometimes, some that come & go
I keep writing to a practice perfect world, about picture perfect things I know

Come, write with me about the little things, everything that deserves a chance
To a picture perfect world, and words that seem trapped in a poet's romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment