Counter

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 240: Somebody, Somewhere

I stood there by the window as I looked inside, and I was delighted to see familiar faces, people I had not even planned to meet and then there were a few with whom I had planned a few hours. As I hugged hello and goodbye the night seemed to be wrapped in a just a little bit of planning that is held in something known as "kismet", or eventuality or fate, whatever you may call it. It is trapped in between the possibility of something happening and then something happening in real life. For now I take them as they come to me, written in so many ways and set apart and yet never free.

Somebody, Somewhere
I am nobody if not somebody
I am nowhere if not somewhere
I picture you both right and wrong
I picture you like the end of an unending song

I picture this, a blaring radio that plays on my phone
I don't even need to tune them, anywhere or anymore
Like records in the basement of someone else's home
Old movies that are scripted, they are yet to be done.


Stories on a retainer sometimes, acts of a quiet play
We are without words at best, when we have so much to say
Picture me, writings these ups and downs, like lyrics to a song
Come sing with me, in melody we are yet to create, just sing along

We are far too gone, and yet haven't traveled very far
We are incidents, we are moments that defines who we are
The last two lines of poems and poetry that read like songs
Picture this, this is exactly where you need to be, where you belong

No comments:

Post a Comment