Counter

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 285: Paper Hats

The most amazing thing about imagination sometimes is that it can from the most real life story and yet feel like a storybook. This idea came to me while looking at cartoon sketches of Calvin and Hobbes with paper hats, learning from the whimsy and surprise that life throws at them. For some reason or the other these ideas that are sometimes folded into these hats, these sketches that you and I leave on tables and refrigerator walls they are meaningful somehow. I write to these paintings you paint with just these few colors, these words you complain that I keep repeating and maybe even the spelling mistakes that I leave on purpose. For now, let me put on my paper hat and write the crazy ideas set loose under the open skies.

Paper Hats
These paper hats on my head & my imagination set loose
These characters on a page that are alive if you choose
They will weave your stories as they change every day
So I sketch them with my only pencil secretly stashed away

These imaginary traits between the heart and the mind
They were easy to write about and yet sometimes hard to find
Like water balloons that were never meant to fly
Or the ones that find an escape, and reaches for the sky


These times we summarize and plan for, they are memories we sketch
We are spontaneous at our very best and learning to live on an edge
We are spelling mstakes that go uncorrected, we are imperfections for now
Paint them as you see them, exit the stage sometimes but take a bow

These masterpieces that we collect, they are real life dreams
The ones we see with open eyes and yet the ones we claim remain unseen
Come sketch with me this life on a sticky note, and on paper rolls
These paper hats that let me imagine life as a storybook as it unfolds

No comments:

Post a Comment