Counter

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 280: Still with Me

There are things that don't change about interactions with people. Something innate, even if it is a little part of us that keeps going back to the default that we dearly remember. In these moments of subconscious retreats, we keep finding our own mini comfort zones, whether they are in familiar greetings or more  familiar goodbyes. Whether they are in conversations or bags of laughter we carry from one place to the next. In the overtones we sing to each other or discussions that lead us nowhere and yet sound perfect. We are chasers by nature, we love the idea of chasing things and even people in our lives because we are constantly changing, we are always on the move. But it is nice to know my friends that bits and pieces and memories of you are still things I chase & still with me.

Still with Me
I keep wondering about these moments that my mind, sets free
That live a life of truth and lies and yet that are still with me
That are reminders of constant things that we hoped wouldn't change
Some that have let my thoughts loose & somehow get estranged

There are broken things left & right, puzzles that are yet to be solved
Things where I haven't given up quite yet, just waiting for a resolve
They tell me close things are about finding a place to keep warm things
Those that in your thoughts are the best of things you could bring


Still with me my first words, my walk home when I am not alone
When I wish you a hug goodbye, even though you are not gone.
The things you have even the little ones, you value them still
And I will write poetry to such a need, with my words this page I will fill

I wonder about the way we are, were we somehow meant to stay
Just a little bit recognizable, in warm hugs & smiles & in our very own ways
I write to you in quiet retreats for you have always let me simply be
Things are fine, or they will turn out to be, for now, you are still with me

No comments:

Post a Comment