Counter

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Day 291: My Eve

Christmas eve's are about gathering the things that need to be taken care of, about last minute shopping, writing cards, emails and text messages. About hot chocolate mugs and warm Christmas lights that hug a tree somewhere. Most of all it  is about the need for families to come together and spend whatever little time they can share. For me, I thought of sharing my eve, my evening with all of those who read as I write. This day, don't worry about perfect gifts but rather about feelings that have remained unchanged over years. Like the perfectly aged bottle of wine in the basement that glows red near the candle, I write in the hope that they are found. Here's to you my eve, I share you & to you the holidays and friends everywhere.

My Eve
This is to you that I write, my day & my eve
To all the times I get to show the warmth that I receive
This is to the absolute, the unplanned of days
And yet the most predictable & sought after today

This is to you my eve, my light of the day that fades
Stay with me like a composed melody unopened, unaged
You are poem and I am like one too, being written so slow
For I have only you to give to this world, only you to show


My writings come from places among those who care
I have been written anew every day so this much I share
Like a watch that shows times but somehow refuses to age
I find perfect melody in the evening I capture on a page

This is to you, these stories about miracles yet to come
About finding a little bit of happiness in knowing what we have become
Come write this way, my perfect evening as you move into tonight
I recline on my couch just a little bit warm as I slowly lose sight

1 comment: