Counter

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 283: I Guess

Living life with the same intensity as always is a hard thing to do. They are not about compromising for anything else but rather picking up from pauses and stops where we left off. They are not about finding the same things either because guess what time has changed everything. I guess we are all looking for these simple escapes when we pause. For me, this comes in writing sometimes, without the need and reading it out if and when I can. Between the broken microphone that I have and the music I wish filled my room, I read aloud anyways.

I Guess
I guess I should have written when you used to read
And writing took little time and was easy as a breeze
When words were painted on our faces like side of a wall
Where being honest was the easiest thing of them all

When little drinks that you drink tonight don't get you high
You are drunk on feelings that have somehow slipped your mind
You are  a painter set loose, you make your home a studio
You are the singer with the bad recorder but with a voice of gold


I guess I should have held on to the first writings on napkins
When whatever I could write about were feelings under my skin
You stood there filling quarters in the parking meter by the car
While you counted change, I kept wondering about where we are

My writings on old sticky notes, on the sides of refrigerator doors
Or by the Christmas lights that surround the couch, though I sat on the floor
I guess I should have written when we were waiting in a queue
Painting pictures, writing stories, even if no one paid attention to you

No comments:

Post a Comment