Counter

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 10: Lightning Strikes

It was a warm and windy walk from the lab back, aerial flood warning popped up on the phone and fortunately it had not yet begun to rain though. I stood there for a while as I exited the door, lightning had started a while back and because they were far away they seemed to be the silent kind. The ones your never hear but see, the flashes that seem to touch the ground and then there are some that brighten up the sky like an old flash photography session going on. The idea of being stuck to the ground often haunts me at these times when I see the restlessness in the surrounding, the freedom I feel in the air and the insurmountable music that nature creates out of thin air. Some studies show that lightning strikes the earth a 100 times a second every single day, and for tonight I just knew it struck a reason I wanted to write about.

Lightning Strikes
And then there are times, I see the flashes, the brightness of the clouds the thunder in the sky,
A moment that flickers past me , as I see the world change just a little bit as I feel the lightning strike,

Stuck to the ground my heart my soul, my wandering my amusements that lay,
Among the things that haunts me is the things that forever remain the same, the ones that refuses to change


It was cold and warm when the wind blew past the night, my tired soul said it needed a home,
Among the dusty winds and silent routine, among the place it rests it eyes, among some places that are long gone

I am often struck by lightning too, in some ways touched by the glow that is silent but talks to a few,
That reminds of a story I keep writing from scratch, Page 1, Day 1 and the one that I must always renew

I smiles that changes the day, in the warm hearts that are captured in only sunshine,
Why does the lightning talk to you, among all that is set free in the world it still survive

I yearn to look at this, to think of the times when something strikes to your core,
When something tells you to be absolutely nothing but who you are, the part of you that simply you adore.

"Day 10 tonight everyone, I find meaning in the little things around me. In people and in conversations sometimes and I reach out, I write till I can. I hope you will send me suggestions to write about, stories that touches you someway. And I will write, but only for you. ."

No comments:

Post a Comment