Counter

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 2: But it rained

It was just like any other morning. The phone beeped with an areal flood warning notification. Off course they always overestimate these things but it did mean that it was raining outside. The slow patter of rain on the glass window was now pretty distinct like knocks on the door. I looked at the time , it was 6.30 am, there was still a little more sleep to catch up with I thought. So I chose to write to the rain today,

But it Rained
I hear you at my doorstep and my windows too,
Like footsteps that come slowly and stays by my side,
Among the many reasons you change the day with simply you,
Like a weary day , like a tired soul, like an old friend you pour out, you confide


Time and again when the windows are cloudy and when it rains outside,
When I know the cold wind that blows past the empty halls sings and rhymes,
I hear the thunder say no one's name, it calls to no one and yet it makes a sound,
And among the many things we often miss, it is no where to be found

Do you hear the pitter patter of the little feet, the streets that flow like endless streams?
Like the painted picture, like the mellow song, and the gloomy day that makes you dream.
I fear not that which washes away, I fear not the things that are left behind,
But it rained no matter what I would say, just open the window shades just raise your blinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment