Counter

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 12: Grounded Still

Fridays are often the hardest days, because it brings with it the idea of a weekend and the promise of something different among the something familiar. The day was calmer than usual though, I came back to the lab after the happy hours , the building was more empty than usual. There are times when you can tell that the whole world wants to be out in the open, and Friday's are one of them. I sat there in the lab for the bit in the quiet hours of the tired day, finishing up some work and mostly wrapping up the loose ends of things that needed to be done. The street lights outside had just come up, as the faint glow of the sky edged towards a mellow evening, the groups of people that couldn't be seen generally flocked outside and roamed the streets. The company of people and the human sentiment of being surrounded, being grounded among the ever changing. So I decided to write on the topic of being grounded still, as I spoke to my friends and I hope it relates to the few who enjoy the read

Grounded Still
There were times that kept me grounded still, that kept my feet on firmly the ground,
That kept me going with shackles of the day, and as the night grew older when the day wasn't around
We kept playing games at times, we would often find solace in the things we didn't know,
The simple things we couldn't simply say, and the simply things that were the hardest to show


The empty halls were silent at times, the weary souls were set free to go home,
To be among the familiarity, among the many things  that kept them young among the places they have grown
I found thinking  of times, that were undefined among the ones we couldn't find,
We could wrap the day in candy wraps, and yet refuse to keep the pieces of the day, the ones we refuse to hide

Grounded still my feet to my ground, I refuse to fly away but I often take my flight,
I often find myself among those who haven't given up on things, the ones that are worth keeping and some which are worth the fight
In old things and new things, and among the things we find have hardly changed,
The ones who have kept telling the stories still, of rhymes and tales and life as it remains.

"Day 12 comes a lot late than usual but then Friday really is a hard day to write about, and yet I hope you will find  a way to relate to it as I look and hunt for more to write about. Keep sending the words and comments, feel free to find the next poem written just for you"
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment