Counter

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 22: No home for the weary

When does your day end? Does it end when the clock hits 5? Does it end when the whole world around you decides to pack up and leave? Is it when the sun fades into a restless skies, when the stars create the randomness that is but constant on the night sky. Does it end when the last walk home seems inevitable? Does it ever get easier to walk back? do we ever truly know when our day ends? For me sometimes, going back home is about deciding on a time when you know you are tired, and yet your mind lies wherever it is. There is no home for the weary, there is only a different flight, a different fight . I would often ask myself this question when I lock the lab late in the night, in between keystrokes and brightly lit screens, there are moments I can't simply decide to go home. For me the restless soul isn't tired enough, it keeps circling my definition , and hence I decide to write to what a lot of the late night souls feels, the ones who have decided to have no home for their weary presence

No home for the weary 
I have been looking for a song for the quiet times,
      The times I can find speak without saying a word, where the only sound in quiet
I have been packing up, for a long long time,
      Getting ready to leave, getting ready to grow, for now I am learning to survive

There's no home for the weary,
       The tired soul refuses to grow old at this time,
I have found things to write about, questions I ask about I query
      And yet the ones that creeps up in the corners of the mind


There's still hope for the restless ones, the night owls of a long day,
      The ones who question every time whether they should leave or they should stay
There's no home for the weary still , no places he calls his own,
       The ones he believes changes forever , is the reason he's long gone.

Do I write like the tired night? or simply out of my free will,
     Do I question the places in my mind? do I reason with the reasons still?
Find home my tired friend, find a place to lay your head,
     For tonight the weary soul finds no place he calls home, but finds a resting place instead.

1 comment:

  1. nice dear, its beautiful...it seems that it is written for me, true for all those who are far away from home.

    ReplyDelete