Counter

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 9: Farewell

I always believe that there are some who will leave impression on you for a long time, who have walked beside you and have seen you grown and those who have let you be who you are when needed. The world is filled with those who say giving space is more important than being personal, knowing how to behave and learn is more important that being yourself and I like to think they are wrong. I like to think no matter how much we are conditioned we have always been and always will be different things to different people. I was suggested "leaving" as the topic for today and I wanted to write it as a farewell, I hope you enjoy the read. The picture today is from a friend leaving for home at Vermont this Summer.

Farewell
Farewell my friend, my days are ending here, the night draws close on a chilly fall day,
The reasons we have lived as we could have lived, we have to be free in our own way
We have learned to walk , we have all fallen and learned to stand again,
And in between all that matters and the things that didn't matter, we never chose to see things differently, we were happily insane

There are times I ask myself, is this really farewell?
Is this a long story that is being written somewhere by someone, a story that no one is ready to tell
We often move to new chapters that we write, and then there are some that are written for us instead,
When the moon outside and the wind through the tress talks in silent whispers by the side of my bed.


It isn't leaving home, even if; you can be far away,
It isn't reason enough that we don't get a say.
Far out in the places we call home, we have but lived in the best of company,
And for those who are just too far away, home is where you find the places with the best of "we"

Farewell my friend and here's to a start to life, let me write to the pieces of life you still read back,
When you lay down on the chair, with the tired day, with no regrets and no reasons that you lack
I wait with my bags, they weigh the world, they carry my memories; the ones I get to keep,
And the ones that are still somewhere left behind, and the ones I find; before I put myself to sleep


"There is a lot about leaving and farewell that can we written, so I hope to come back to this topic again someday and see how things have changed. For now I look for more words and stories to write about, send me a nudge, tell me you are reading"   

No comments:

Post a Comment