Counter

Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 11: Running Late

Today was a day wrapped in chaos, filled with meetings and conversations alike and everything in between. And then in between the chaos there was synchronicity, there were moments of clear thoughts and actions and an eerie feeling that somehow it still made sense. We have all had such moments when we simply know about the things that must have slowed down but sped up instead, of times when something must have made sense and it failed anyways. Here's to such chaotic times, the times we have felt the restlessness get the best of us and yet in the end we find meaning even if we are running late. Thank you for suggesting this topic and coincidentally this matched most of what my day was today, so here's to the feeling

Running Late
Here's to the slight delays,
Among the fast changing pace of things, and the world that never stays

Among the times we think we have gotten away with a day,
We have held on to something so long, that we think it will forever stay


Here's to the little routines, the panic buttons the stories of the night,
The reasons we come home late, the reasons we often put up a fight

The times I find the traveler come home, to the same places in his room,
And not knowing what may change his day, what should have been and what could

In between times, I get up to write it all down, at the end of the day,
And then there are some I know I keeping coming back just a little lost, and a little late

Fear not my friend, my foe, the world learns to forget, the world learns to forgive,
And for now the world keeps a log, for the days it loses, the ones like today that it refuses to keep.

"Even if I am running late, at times I wish for more things to write about. Day 12 , the next day and so on for you. Send me a thing that you want me to write about, let me write for you, even if just for today"

No comments:

Post a Comment