Counter

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 18: The simplicity charm

Sometimes the best of magic is the one with the lack of complexity, it is the simple magic that will leave an impact on people forever. The idea of being able to touch them with the simplicity of an act is charming. I started my day with a magic show, and the message was simple in terms of being simple, it was magic that works like a charm. There are times I feel that this is extendable to real life when I see the most important thing that touches us or makes us  feel special are the simple ones. The ones that doesn't involve gifts , and presents but simply timing and the need. Over the weekend I have learned to be grateful for these little things from time to time, sometimes for the simple reason that they are there. And hence I decided to write about the simplicity charm that binds us when needed

The simplicity charm
When I write a story, as I will,
    Among my faults and flaws and in between my freewill
Between bitter and sweet reminders of stories alike,
    We have learned how to be charmed with simplicity tonight

We have learned to believe when things go wrong,
    Times when the books are still read by their cover
When I find myself waiting, even if not for long
    For moments of strength, and times when I recover.


The simplicity charm, as I call it so, the magic we all so wish were true,
    That played out in coffee houses, in labs and classes and everywhere you needed to
There are those who will tell you otherwise, who will say the tricks were mere illusions of the night,
     Then why do I find myself wanting to believe , that is always a fighting chance and somewhere a little fight

When I write a story today, some that are written in letter only by you,
     That are never posted or read aloud, they are kept somewhere for a reference if you will,
That are both trapped and free in words, they are charmed,
      They are musings of the day, charming(s) of the night and even parts of your spirit which the writing holds still.

No comments:

Post a Comment