Counter

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 13: Lonely in a crowd

The idea was simple to spend time among people, and more people and new people. Some who were random and some who had a touch of familiarity, moving from the unknown to known and vice versa was always welcome. Even though a crowd excites us at times, because of the simple fact that you can go unnoticed in one, it also interests us because of the very same idea. The fact that you can be surrounded by enough people to be lost to the world and then it is often true that you yourself can feel lost and lonely even in a crowd. I had a friend who wrote to me about this feeling and though I myself was at a house warming party with people I knew and then those I didn't , I wasn't unfamiliar with the idea of feeling lonely in a crowd and as people left one by one, the idea of a place slowly losing touch with people rather than people losing touch with the place kept coming back to me. So I decided to write to this , the idea of being lonely in a crowd

Lonely in a crowd
Yes we all were known to each other,
                  And yet we were lonely in a crowd,
Among those who have come and gone to the places I know,
                  And then there are those who never exist even in the memories that shroud.


Do I call upon the many places,
                  Do I only find those who have come and gone,
Do I feel the distant walks, the fast returns and the paces,
                  The places where getting used to was always knew, no matter when you begun

The loud noises that surrounds me,
                  The silhouette of those who come and go,
That things I often write about when the mind is free,
                   The corners of my mind and my heart, the places I travel and the ones I don't know

Come walk with me my stranger, my friend,
                    Come write to me in my the places where you feel lost and found,
Where the whole world comes to you as chaos at times,
                    And yet these are the places where you live, where you breath and are often unbound.

"I was told I don't advertise the fact that people have to send me the topics to write about very well, :) and so to those who find the time reaching till the end of the post, I hope you will post words to write about and more things to keep me awake at 3 in the night, for now let me write, let me simply write"



2 comments:

  1. Hesitation to accept the truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exact description of feeling is encompassed in your quote "Lonely in crowd" when you see others and the sudden moment that raises blur in your eyes when you looked and paid attention towards other's activities. The feeling to be in love with yourself might transform this to that sometimes I did similar to that guy. Loving yourself and seeing around you and will realize the nature has beautifully transformed your behavior to to its features, the distinguished combination of flowers and its colors, the beautiful landscapes that say you have some feature of mine in you which everyone loves and adores and you should love and be passionate to have that with you. Loving yourself is a journey that should always be covered and exchange of feeling from others is a moment which everyday comes and goes but we never stop from our journey...Love thy Yourself

    ReplyDelete