Counter

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 8: Trips

It was a day filled with planning, buying tickets and advancing on from the day, and though I had tabs open in the browser and in between all of this, it almost seemed like I was travelling tomorrow. The idea is that the long trips, the ones that reminds you of leaving home and the ones you are on to be missed upon is all but necessary. The truth is all about changes, the changes that have happened over the years the changes we are on sometimes and then there are some changes we are in life. Here's hoping good luck to the some of us who travel, and for everyone else who listens as we do, the world is better with the trips.

Trips
Here's to the ones we take, the ones we refuse to miss and yet the ones we often make,
The planned response to places still, the reasons we keep going at times
Till the places we have been, are among all that we could be ,
And yet we look to destinations still , to spaces only in my mind and to a place where I am free


Do we often live in only the mind, are we simply made of memories?
Among the places we often visit, where revisiting was always free
Are we scared of the new things, the things that call for us and yet changes everyday?
The trips we have all often dreaded at times, and yet the ones we could retake

In trips we find new meanings in time, in between the packing, and in between it all,
There are those who have gone ahead with choices still, in not knowing how to stand and in being ok to fall,
Here's to those who take the little risk, who venture knowing but just a little bit,
Who have traveled still with opened hearts, and who have lived at the edges of the places we start

Come find me when you need me, where you need me to be,
In between the planners, and logs and in between every diary entry.
I am if not nothing but a traveler, I have traveled a many miles,
And yet the shortest one, are the ones that keep me close, and the ones I am have been on for a while.

"Here's hoping I can keep writing , keep exploring new words and themes and suggestions from all of you. Let me write you day 9? Leave me a word, a thought, or maybe a memory in time?"


1 comment:

  1. Interesting piece! Can you write something about "leaving"? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete