Counter

Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 4: Just a scoop of ice cream

A friend of mine suggested an unusual topic today, he told me to write about ice cream (yes the dessert we so often like) and a veiled hint towards my love for ice cream. What followed inadvertently later in the day was a trip to the local ice cream parlor and slurping cold one in the warm summer. There is a level of simplicity that is never lost from life, something we keep visiting from time to time and though it may become a routine , these are the simple things that give us joy. So I write to the bitter sweet, to the ice cream

Just a scoop of ice cream
I often wonder what the world might have been,
If we had no fights, we had no emotion that lay unseen
If the honest ones who would write to you, would write with flavors that are bold,
Like the ice cream scoop, like the sugar cone, and like the simple times of which we are told.


We often grow up to amuse ourselves, we grow up, we grow out, we learn how to be,
Like the many flavors and taste of lives, we choose the ones we like, among the ones we see.
I implore you to be adventurous my friend, take a scoop from the the unventured side,
There is only so little to give up at times, and yet we fear of the things we leave aside

I often wander like a child on a summer day, someone who is not just on a sugar high,
Rather someone who expects just a little bit to change, someone who believes life can still surprise.

"Look forward to more suggestions my friends, leave me a comment, things you want me to write about, a word, a feeling, a thought, a meaning. For my heart , let me write but only to you "

1 comment: