Counter

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 1: Strangers on a Train

I was out for a wonderful day today, filled with tours and history of the city I live in and a story about people helping absolute strangers. Strangers on a train and kindness in those random relationships. So here's my first poem for those strangers , and to those fellow travelers

Strangers on a Train
I will always recluse myself by the edge of the seat,
Among my thoughts, my wrinkled book and the times that I refuse to pay heed

Among strangers I meet everyday, among a friend I met on a train,
Among the kindness and open doors and among the things that always remained.

We sat right next to each others, we peeped into each other's books and eyes,
Beyond the names of the books and what it entailed, beyond a reason to be ever surprised.


I shared time with the traveler, the stranger I didn't know,
And yet for some reason we spoke till there the strangeness was no where to be shown

We often find meaning in those weary times, among those we have often never met,
Like the familiar smell, the familiar food and the familiar taste that lingers with you, the ones you never forget

I wish we all met more strangers too, and yet in the very end,
We were nothing if not two pages stuck together in my book, and I wish we all end up on a train and as always, with an unknown friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment