Counter

Monday, July 6, 2015

Day 159: Dreams & Dreamers

We are all dreamers with dreams and the idea that some of us remember them while some only experience the passing feeling that it leaves behind is intriguing. Dreams and Dreamers explores this idea of what we take from them, the day dreamers who think of ideas at their desk, those who get to play their hand at best and those who dream from night to day, hoping some of them are retained, atleast some of it would stay. And then there are those for whom the dreams are memories that never fade, we are dreams of a dreamer, maybe hard to erase.

Dreams & Dreamers
We are dreamers at days end and even during the day
With open eyes we dream our world , it comes as it may
We are not worried or haunted by those that don't come true
We are believers in our world, we are promises made to follow through

Dreams about the glare I see on the side of my screen
About things that may have faded but stay right where they have been
I have carried you to the edge of my mind, when you open your eyes
I am momentary at best, something you need to quickly write.


Some songs that play at the end of moments still
While I wish you farewell on long flights and time you no longer fill
My heart takes a moment to sit quiet before hitting restart
While you still keep piecing together the reasons things fall apart

Dreams and Dreamers , we are ships out of our shores
We are remembered by the journeys we make like every before
Maps on the wall keep calling me back home
While we figure out where we were meant to be, our own comfort zones

For now I know not how or why; we may be called to surrender
We are trapped in the reality of today, and maybe the dreams of the dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment