Counter

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 179: Jet Stream High

Every time I travel it brings me to this need to wander, to travel, to meet, to express, to learn, to understand, to believe, to lie and to tell the truth, to win and to sometimes lose. As I travel early morning today, I am caught in between these tiny bits of me that feel more compulsive to write about these wanderings. After all we are travelers in between places, and sometimes we take trips just to get the distance we don't experience from ourselves in real life. It is the new that gives us the sense of space we need sometimes. I consider this experience as being on a Jet Stream high, being on an airplane mode in my own mind.

Jet Stream High
Once in a while we wander among the clouds
We hide behind a cape and are covered in a secret shroud
We write with thousands of feet below & in between the skies
And yet the simple things I write sometimes are invisible to my eyes

I am on a Jet Stream high, chasing clouds to no end
I write to the sleeping night outside with the company of my pen
I am a chaser of no destinations, just early in the day
I have been looking for pages to fill on my travels someday.


We are strangers on a flight at best, we are chapters sometimes
We are stories that keeps moving, that are personal & yet not mine
Travel when you can, and in between breaks we will write
We will put it down somewhere, our wins & losses with every fight

My wanderings of the day, my summaries somewhere
Things I take a chance on , in more than a game of truth or dare
I am a storytellers who takes momentary wings, I write boundless in the sky
I am a traveler who gets to wander, sometimes on a Jet Stream High.

No comments:

Post a Comment